Encourage families to get to know and love the Psalms with this 5-week study for kids featuring over 30 pages of activities, lessons, reading plans and playlists! Email a lesson to the families in your ministry each week or send all 5 together and encourage family-centered study, learning, and activity from home. See a preview of lesson 1 here.
This 5-week study will look at a different literary style from within the Psalms (Praise, Wisdom, Lament, Thanksgiving, and Royal) each week. Through activities, reading, and music it will promote a better understanding and love of the Psalms by fitting the different styles into kids’ own lives and experiences. By examining these styles, kids will learn how to process the different passages in the Psalms and engage with the truths taught by them.
With over 30 pages of reading plans, activities, games, and coloring pages, this guide will introduce young readers and their families to the Psalms and help them have fun while getting to know the structure, content, meaning, and literary styles within the Psalms.
This download includes:
- Activity Book PDF with 5 separate lessons (full series PDF + PDFs of individual lessons – see a preview of lesson 1 here)
- Social media graphics to remind and encourage family participation through your ministry social media accounts
- Parent email templates for introducing the series and weekly follow up (.docx)
- Each of the 5 lessons includes a simple description and discussion about one of the literary styles found in the book of Psalms, a daily reading checklist from the Psalms, a playlist, and other activities to help kids engage with the reading and teaching
- Leader Guide with instructions for using in your ministry + editable version of the activity book (.docx)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.