Looking for a way to keep families engaged over the Easter season? Use this simple, six-week take-home kit to make it “An Easter to Remember!” Families will visit 6 “destinations” (Jerusalem for Palm Sunday, The Last Supper, The Garden, The Courtroom, The Cross & The Empty Tomb). Each week is themed around a certain destination, and families should check off, stamp, or circle the destination at the end of the week on their family map. Families will complete activities every day for 6 weeks (intended to take 10 minutes or less, but most can be completed in 5 minutes!) around that week’s theme.
Print the Easter Activity Cards, pack the kits, then share with your families. There are 42 Activity Cards with simple, daily activities for families complete over the 6 weeks leading up to Easter. These activities are designed to be completed in less than 10 minutes a day, and they help your families focus on the true meaning of this season by walking through the Easter story one week at a time.
Assemble these budget-friendly kits and distribute them 6 weeks before Easter for families to use at home. Each family’s kit will need:
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks (4 per child in each kit)
- Colorful rubber bands
- Construction Paper (1 sheet per child in each kit)
- “Garden Kit” which includes:
- Clear plastic cup (1 per child)
- Pack of seeds (1 per family)
- Ziploc bag of potting soil (1 per family)
- 10 empty easter eggs per family
- OPTIONAL: Play-doh or Clay
This download includes:
- Easter to Remember Activity Cards (PDF + .png + text-only .docx version)
- A Family Map (PDF)
- Printable Worksheets like Remember Play-Doh Mat, Garden Sign & Instruction Sheet, Courtroom Coloring Sheet, Cross & Bandages Worksheet & Letter Search Cards (PDF)
- A Note Template for parents that you can include as an email, on social media or as a real-life paper note before you distribute the boxes (.docx)
- Label & Stickers (Printable only) for the front of box/bag that you use to package your items (PDF)
- 4 Social Media Images to advertise (.png)
- Leader guide with details, instructions, links, and tips (.docx)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.