Take kids and families on a sensory experience through Jesus’ last days on earth from the Triumphal Entry to the Empty Tomb. Using their five senses, kids explore items and events leading up to Jesus’ death and resurrection.
This event download provides details for hosting this sensory experience in two ways: 1) Take small groups of kids through stations representing Jesus’ last week with “tour guides” (adult leaders) who facilitate questions and discussions to explore Holy Week or 2) Set up stations like a hands-on interactive museum through which families can take a self-guided tour. This option is the perfect addition to a family Easter event or to host a Holy Week or Palm Sunday event.
Walking through all of the stations will take around 30 minutes, depending on how much your kids interact with answering and asking questions.
Stations to visit include:
- Triumphal Entry
- Last Supper
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Empty Tomb
This download includes:
- Detailed instructions for both a small-group style experience and a family event/self-guided experience (.docx)
- Station guide for adult leaders to use (.docx)
- Self-guided brochures for family event option in both color and black and white (PDF)
- Station Signs (PDF)
- Title Graphic (PNG)
- Description cards to use with self-guided brochure (PDF)
- Label cards for items on tables (*Editable PDF)
- Ideas for bonus stations to help rotation go smoothly along with two printable crafts
*Editable PDF Instructions: The editable portions of the PDF documents will only work in Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows PC or Mac, so make sure you have this installed. Adobe Reader is free to use and you can download it here. Subscription to Adobe is not needed. The PDFs will NOT be editable if you use the Adobe Reader app on mobile devices or tablets.
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.