Challenge and grow your preteens with this midweek, Zoom-friendly curriculum. Using object lessons, cooking, and complex crafts, they will explore different emotions we feel (anger, sadness, joy, and more) and how God responds to those emotions.
This six-week curriculum is a study in Psalms and our feelings. It is designed to be done entirely over Zoom, but is easily adaptable to be in person. It is geared towards preteens, and each week includes an icebreaker game, a craft/cooking activity, a teaching time, and a journal wrap-up activity.
Each lesson includes up to 60 minutes’ worth of activities for 3rd-6th graders, originally used with preteen girls.
- When I feel sad, God comforts me. (Psalm 69; Matthew 5:4)
- When I feel excited, God is excited too! (Psalm 100; Luke 19:1-10)
- When I feel angry, God listens to me. (Psalm 83; Job 30 & 38)
- When I feel crazy, God delights in me. (Psalm 18, 37; 2 Samuel 6)
- When I feel anxious, God is in control. (Psalm 121; Philippians 4:4-7)
- When I feel lonely, God is with me. (Psalm 23)
Each of the 6 lessons includes:
- Opening activity
- Craft or cooking activity
- Bible lesson & discussion
- Wrap-up reflection time
This download includes:
- Start Here leader guide with instructions for distributing supplies and other details (.docx)
- 6 lessons for a preteen small group with up to 60 minutes worth of activities (.docx)
- Graphics with titles and scripture (.png)
- All necessary printables (PDF & .docx)
Note: 60% of each download of this curriculum goes toward a kids camp scholarship fund at Trinity Church in Connecticut.
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.