The Journey through Jonah series is an 8-week series designed for a small church setting (anywhere from 2-20 kids), although it can be adapted for any setting, and it now includes resources and details for adapting for at-home use during the summer and quarantines! The 8 weeks will take kids through the entire book of Jonah and help them discover truths about God, the Gospel, and grace!
Originally designed to accompany an adult series to Jonah, this series could be used to accompany a church-wide series on Jonah or stand completely on its own! All activities are designed to be low-cost, and many incorporate what you may already have in your church supply area.
Each lesson includes:
- Opening Activities (for early arrivals, to start the lesson or to fill time)
- Introduction & Welcome
- Main Lesson & Discussion Questions
- Application Activities (at least 2 to choose from weekly)
The 8 weeks cover:
Week 1: Jonah is a LITTLE book with a BIG message. (An overview of the book of Jonah – Download a free copy of this lesson here!)
Week 2: The best direction is God’s direction. (Jonah 1:1-10, NIV)
Week 3: Just like Jonah, Jesus made a sacrifice. (Jonah 1:11-16, Matthew 12:40, NIV)
Week 4: God showed Jonah a WHALE lot of grace. (Jonah 1:17, NIV)
Week 5: We can talk to God no matter where we are. (Jonah 2:1-10, NIV)
Week 6: God gives us second chances. (Jonah 3:1-10, NIV)
Week 7: God loves our enemies, and so should we. (Jonah 4:1-10, NIV)
Week 8: God always gets the last word. (Jonah 4:10-11, NIV)
Along with editable Word docs of each lesson, this curriculum download includes:
- Jonah Journal PDF Printable
- My Prayer Journal PDF Printable (accompanies week 5)
- Adaptation for at-home use or as a summer take-home box
- Suggested Resources List (includes links to YouTube playlist & Pinterest board)
- Suggested Worship Song List
- Social media graphics
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.