This 20-minute musical production is simple enough for a small children’s choir and packed with scripture and traditional Christmas carols. It is ideal as a part of a larger Christmas Program at your church, like a lessons-and-carols type of evening or an evening that includes other special music from an adult choir or individual music performances by other church members.
The musical presents a playful conversation between a father and his two children as they discuss the Christmas story. The father answers all of the kids’ questions by going straight to God’s word. When the father turns in his Bible to read the part of scripture that answers his children’s questions, the focus shifts from the 3 actors to the children’s choir at center stage where the children’s choir members will recite the scripture that the dad is reading and then sing a classic Christmas Carol that parallels the message from that part of scripture.
Scripture Passages included in the script are Isaiah 9:6 and Luke 2:1-18.
Christmas Carols included in the script:
- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
This download includes:
- Editable script (.docx)
- Production notes & rehearsal schedule (.docx)
- Optional Easy Audition Guide (.docx)
- Printable Lyrics Sheets and Scripture Memory Sheets (.docx)
- Social media images with space for adding your own details (.png)
- Poster template and a presentation graphic (.png)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.