Journey to the Manger guides children or families through 5 stations that tell the story of Christmas in a fun and exciting way. At each station, kids/families hear from someone in the Christmas story (Roman soldiers, the shepherds, the angels, the wise men, and Mary and Joseph) and complete a simple but fun activity for kids related to different parts of the Christmas story. You can choose to let families go at their own pace, or spend a designated ~10 minutes at each station.
This download includes instructions, activities, sample scripts, printables, signage for all 5 stations, and a 9-minute video telling the Christmas story. This event can be a separate children’s/family event during the Christmas season, or you can use it as part of your Sunday morning experience. You may choose to host the event in one large room or use 5 different rooms, one for each station.
For additional activities, check out the matching Christmas Coloring Book here!
This download includes:
- Event overview document (.docx)
- Event Leader guide (.docx + PDF)
- Station Leader’s Script (.docx)
- Journey to the Manger Map (PDF)
- Station Signs (Legal and Letter Size PDF)
- The Christmas Story Full Video (.mp4 – available on its own & to preview here)
- Journey to the Manger Graphic
- Necessary printables for all 5 stations including census registration, cupcake toppers, Christmas Bingo, and more! (PDF)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.