Help kids learn the 10 commandments through this unique prayer stations lesson on Mark 12:28-31 & Exodus 20:1-17. Love God, Love People teaches kids the 10 Commandments using their fingers (so kids can remember them later), but also helps kids understand the two most important Commandments from Mark 12:28-31: to love God and to love People.
A prayer station or worship response station is an activity that allows children to express their responses to God about what they are learning and who He is. Each station looks different and gives the child an opportunity to respond to God in a different way. This lesson utilizes a special time of prayer stations where kids are free to choose their own prayer activity.
This lesson works well around Valentine’s Day since love is a central theme, but it can also be used any time you’re learning about the 10 Commandments.
This download includes:
- Large Group Leader Guide (PDF + Customizable Word Doc)
- Small Group Leader Guide (PDF + Customizable Word Doc)
- Preschool Leader Guide (PDF + Customizable Word Doc – the littles are invited into this time of prayer too!)
- Preteen Leader Guide (PDF + Customizable Word Doc – make this an opportunity for your preteens to lead)
- Lesson graphics for presentation and social media
- Game Ideas
- Prayer Station Instructions & Details
- Printables for stations and lesson (coloring page, take-home sheets, etc.)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
twobears7670 (verified owner) –
We loved this lesson! Our motto is Loving God, Loving People, and serving our World, so this fit who we strive to be as a church. We used this as a valentines lesson. I wanted our kids to memorize the Ten Commandments, and our discipleship piece for that quarter was prayer, so this hit all our targets.
The kids especially loved the play dough and hopscotch. I will reuse this lesson at some point.