*Updated for 2022*
The Summer Family Challenge is an exciting “choose your own adventure” family activity that provides parents and children with many different options for a memorable, fun, and faith-filled summer.
The idea is simple: Each family receives an 8-page Challenge Guide with various assignments (easy to attach to the fridge). Then, they work together to complete as many of the challenges as they want. Each challenge has a point value, ranging between 10 points and 350 points. (Scroll through our product images to see some examples of some of the challenges).
At the end of the summer, the three families with the most points win a special prize!
Hosting the Summer Family Challenge is easy and inexpensive for you as the leader. Here’s all you have to do:
- Download this resource
- Print as many Challenge Guides as you need.
- Give the Challenge Guide to the families in your church.
- Watch them have a great time growing closer to God and to each other while making a difference in their communities.
This download includes:
- Summer Family Challenge logo for use on your church website or social media accounts (.png)
- Summer Family Challenge graphic for social media use (.jpg)
- Printable Challenge Guide with pages full of fun! (PDF)
- Start Here Leader guide with instructions for use (.docx)
- Printing Instructions for Challenge Guide (PDF)
- Rules & Prizes Example Page (PDF)
- Rules & Prizes Blank Page so you can customize it for your ministry (.png and .docx)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.
bwaggoner (verified owner) –
This challenge was so much fun. We are just wrapping up and I will be announcing our winners tomorrow! I really enjoyed getting to see families send in pictures. I think the best part is knowing that through this families were able to create some intentional time together that they may have not done otherwise! My favorite moment was a family that went all out doing Christmas in July–it was incredible. My surprise was the number of families that took up the challenge to get moving and to walk, ride, etc… 400 miles! One family actually told me after they turned in their points that they didn’t get to do as many as that had wanted and were going to continue working on them even though the challenge was over–that brings me so much joy. Thank you for creating this awesome resource and I am totally planning on doing the next one in the fall!
Jennifer Nier (verified owner) –
I am excited to share this with our church families! This resource has a great variety of activities for the family to do together in their home and in the community. Love the ideas on giving to others, serving and opening your home to others for some summer fun. It’s helpful to me as a leader to be offered an example of rules for the challenge and prize ideas. Great resource!