The Draw and Explore Bible series is a great way to combine art and the Bible. A short description and Scripture passage for each of ten different images illustrating various parts of the Christmas story from the presentation of Jesus at the temple through the return from Egypt. Each page also features an image on a grid that children can use to complete their own version of the picture on blank and half-image grids provided.
Choose the page(s) you want to use to complement your Christmas lesson or service, or send the book home for kids to complete the entire book!
Ten review questions, an opportunity for children to put the events in chronological order, and an answer key are also included.
Scripture quotations are from the King James Version of the Bible. 32 pages total. Recommend for ages 5-10.
This resource can be used in a variety of ways:
- You can have children complete a few pages each time you meet in the weeks leading to Christmas.
- You can use pages as send-home papers for children to complete between meetings.
- You can use the completed pages to decorate your ministry space.
- You can use the resource as a follow-up gift for those who visit your church or use the resource during a community outreach.
CONTENTS AND THEMES AT A GLANCE
- Jesus Goes to the Temple (Luke 2:22-24)
- Jesus Meets Simeon (Luke 2:25-35)
- Jesus Meets Anna (Luke 2:36-38)
- Wise Men Travel to Jerusalem (Matthew 2:1-2)
- Wise Men Talk to Herod (Matthew 2:7-8)
- Continue to Follow the Star (Matthew 2:9-10)
- Wise Men See Jesus (Matthew 2:11)
- Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh (Matthew 2:11-12)
- Joseph’s Special Dream (Matthew 2:13-14)
- Going Home (Matthew 2:19-23)
- Optional Review Activity: Identify the Image
- Optional Review Activity: Chronological Order
This download includes:
- 32-page Christmas activity book (PDF)
- start here leader guide/instructions (.docx)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.