One of the most critical times in the lives of the parents in your ministry is when they decide to dedicate their child to the Lord. This is the perfect opportunity to make a first connection with new families and encourage and equip them with some godly parenting principles.
This parent/child dedication class is designed to be a 1.5 – 2 hour class, depending on the length of time you allow for discussion questions or any modifications you make to the material. The class covers the purpose of dedication (that it’s not the same as baptism), covers the Biblical basis for dedications, shares the gospel, offers an overview of biblical parenting focusing on Deuteronomy 6, and explains the church’s role in supporting the parents.
This resource allows you to host a parent/child dedication class that will help families make this important commitment to the Lord, their children, and the church. It has resources for both the class and the dedication service itself. All elements are customizable for your church setting.
This download includes:
- Leader guide with instructions for use & an overview of the resource
- Parent/Child Dedication Class Elements
- Teacher’s Guide for the class (PDF + .docx)
- Parent Guide for the class (PDF + .docx)
- A Baby Dedication Certificate Template which can be personalized for each family (PDF, .docx, .jpg)
- Graphics for the class presentation (.pptx, PDF, .png)
- A Dedication Application Form to prepare parents for attending the class. (PDF + .docx)
- A “Baby on Board” Registration Form to notify you of upcoming births. (PDF + .docx)
- Additional Ideas for celebrating new families. (PDF + .docx)
- Parent/Child Ceremony/Service Elements
- Postcard invitations you can edit for your ministry to invite extended family to attend this special occasion. (PDF + .docx)
- An Order of Service script for the dedication ceremony. (PDF + .docx)
- Graphics to use in your dedication ceremony. (.ppt, PDF, .png)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.
Emily Waldrop (verified owner) –
I absolutely loved this bundle! It had everything I needed to teach a class for parents and use different elements for the actual dedication service. It looks so pretty and the content is solid. Super easy to teach and the parents loved it!