In this fun, 8-lesson series, children will dive into the lives of different kings in the Bible and the situations they faced. They will be introduced to Ahab, Asa, Hezekiah, Solomon, David, Josiah, Jehoshaphat, and Rehoboam, who either chose to follow and depend on God or chose to do life their own way and in their own wisdom.
Each lesson uses a different verse from Psalm 1 (ESV) and uses real-life examples of the kings to explore the verse. Not only will your children gain insight and information from the kings of the Bible, but by the end of this series, your children will be able to recite Psalm 1 (ESV) and explain what the verses mean based on examples from the Bible.
Throughout this series the children will hear about important principles found in Psalm 1:
- Lesson 1: We should listen to good advice (Rehoboam, 1 Kings 12) – See a sample of lesson 1 here!
- Lesson 2: We should do what is right (Asa, 2 Chronicles 14-15)
- Lesson 3:God’s word is special and important (Josiah, 2 Kings 22-23)
- Lesson 4: We can trust God (David, 1 Samuel 16:1-13; 1 Samuel 17)
- Lesson 5: God is with us and will take care of us (Solomon, 1 Kings 7, 10, 11)
- Lesson 6: God hears us when we pray (Hezekiah, 2 Kings 18-19)
- Lesson 7: God has all the power (Ahab, 1 Kings 18)
- Lesson 8: God will take care of the righteous (Jehoshaphat, 1 Kings 22)
Each lesson is designed to fill approximately an hour of time and is accompanied with a game to assist in memorizing the verse such as Lose a Word, Balloon Volleyball Verse, Cotton Ball Relay and more. There are also activities that focus on the verse or the story as well as an extra activity for each lesson that builds upon what the lesson taught while also filling any extra time.
See a sample of lesson 1 here.
This download includes:
- 8 lessons on kings of the Old Testament, emphasizing different verses in Psalm 1 (.docx)
- Unit Overview (.docx)
- Unit Supply List (.docx)
- All necessary printables (PDF)
- Unit Presentation Media Graphics including title, lesson titles, Psalm verses, and blank to create your own (.png)
- Unit Social Media Graphics including title, lesson titles, Psalm verses, and blank to create your own (.png)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.
There are no reviews yet.