Every child is a story yet to be told, and your children’s ministry volunteers have the opportunity to be an important part of each child’s story. Use this 1-hour volunteer training resource to invite your volunteers to recognize their important role in a child’s faith development and equip them to play their part with excellence.
By using a storybook theme, volunteers will explore the setting and the characters of your children’s ministry and discover what part they can play in a child’s faith story. By using both large-group and age-specific times of training, your volunteers will have an overview of the ministry as well as understand their specific roles. This 1-hour training event was designed with our 8 tips for hosting an all-star volunteer training in mind.
This download includes:
- Preparation checklists (3 months, 1 month, and 1 week out) (.docx)
- Complete, 1-hour schedule and script (.docx)
- Customizable volunteer handbook with safety policies and procedures (.docx)
- All graphics and media for presentation and social media (.png)
- All necessary printables to help you carry the story theme throughout the training (PDF)
- PPT in the recommended order of the event (.ppt)
- Email templates for communicating with volunteers before and after the event (.docx)
- Website post template for communicating about the training on your church’s website (.docx)
- Editable Word documents so you can customize to fit your ministry
- Bonus: Story-themed thank you cards to use throughout the year (PDF)
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.