Want a fun, large-group game to help kids learn a healthy reaction to sin? Give this one a try!
- Print several copies of the “Sin Signs” Printable that comes with the download.
- Give these signs to your volunteer leaders before service starts, and help them coordinate an order to hold up their signs.
- Play music and invite the children to mingle/move/dance around the room.
- Cut the music off randomly, and one leader will hold up their sin sign.
- Children should flee as fast as they can from the leader holding the sin sign. (In the Squeaky Clean version, kids run away from the sin signs and to the rubber ducks!)
- Continue playing as time allows, or until all leaders have held up their sin sign.
Tie It In:
- Say: As we introduce our Easter unit today, this game can help us remember to stay far away from sin! We sin anytime we choose our way instead of God’s way. We’ll talk more about why we should flee from sin later.