Challenge and grow your preteens with this midweek, Zoom-friendly curriculum. Using object lessons, cooking, and complex crafts, they will learn about the ten commandments and how they relate to us today!
This six-week curriculum is a study on the 10 Commandments. It is designed to be done entirely over Zoom, but is easily adaptable to be in-person. It is geared towards preteens, and each week includes an icebreaker game, a craft/cooking activity, a teaching time, and a wrap-up prayer activity.
Each lesson includes up to 60 minutes’ worth of activities for 3rd-6th graders, originally used with preteen girls.
Series Overview: The God’s Commandments series will walk through most of God’s commandments in Exodus 20 and Matthew 22*:
- Commandments #1-3 – We put God first.
- Commandment #4 – God made us to rest.
- Commandment #5 – We show love to our parents.
- Commandment #6 – We don’t hurt others.
- Commandments #8-9 – We are called to be trustworthy.
- Commandment #10 – We are made to be content.
(*We chose to leave out the adultery commandment due to the sensitive nature of the topic. However, you could mention it with Commandment #6 as you talk about hurting others physically and emotionally.)
Each of the 6 lessons includes:
- Opening activity
- Craft or cooking activity
- Bible lesson & discussion
- Wrap-up reflection time
This download includes:
- Start Here leader guide with instructions for distributing supplies and other details (.docx)
- 6 lessons for a preteen small group with up to 60 minutes worth of activities (.docx)
- Graphics with titles and scripture (.png)
- All necessary printables (.docx)
Note: 60% of each download of this curriculum goes toward a kids camp scholarship fund at Trinity Church in Connecticut.
This product is a digital download, which means you will receive a link to download the files after completing the check-out process. Please note: It is too large of a file to view on a mobile device.
**Once your order is complete, you will receive an email with the downloadable resource. If the email does not come to your inbox, please check your spam/junk or promotions folder, as the email with your downloads will sometimes show up there instead of your inbox.