Praying for the kids we lead is one of the most important things we can do as children’s ministry leaders, especially during seasons of transition like back-to-school time. So mark off time on your calendar or to-do list this week, and spend at least 5 minutes a day praying these 10 scriptures over the kids you lead.
- Ephesians 4:32 – Ask God to help them be kind.
- Joshua 1:9 – Praise God for always being with them.
- Proverbs 10:9 – Ask God to help them walk in integrity this year.
- Psalm 56:3 – Ask God to help them put their trust in Him.
- Philippians 4:6-7 – Ask God to help them not worry.
- Luke 2:52 – Ask God to help them grow this year.
- Proverbs 17:17 – Pray for their friends.
- Colossians 3:23 – Ask God to help them work hard.
- James 1:5 – Ask God to give them wisdom.
- Philippians 4:12 – Pray for their contentment in all circumstances.
These verses are some of the ones included in the Back-to-School Scripture Scratch-Off Family Devotion +Prayer Resource! It’s a fun and simple way to encourage a daily habit of prayer and reading scripture as kids head back to school! Learn more about this resource here.