Use this customizable Back to School Calendar to provide families with daily prompts to keep them connected to God and each other! The goal: each day’s activity should take five minutes or less. There are no dates on the calendar so you can begin and end whenever you want!
Please note: The customizable feature will not show up on a mobile device. Read the Editable PDF instructions below for more details.
Recommended Ideas for Daily Activities:
- Make each day of the week fit a specific theme or idea:
- Prayer Prompt Sundays (Tell God one thing you’re worried about, then pray together as a family)
- Make It Mondays (Make a thank you note for a teacher)
- Talk About It Tuesdays (Talk about (topic from Sunday’s sermon, discussion question from lesson, etc.))
- Worship Wednesdays (Listen to a favorite worship song together)
- Try It Thursdays (Try a new food together!)
- Family Fridays (Have a family game night!)
- Scripture Saturdays (Read (insert passage of Scripture))
- Remind families about upcoming events or special dates at your church.
- Use each day to encourage prayer for a specific person in your church (i.e. all of the children or families in your ministry, your small group leaders/volunteers, etc.)
- Each day could include a different Bible passage to read.
Editable PDF Instructions: The Customizable Calendar PDF is editable. When you open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat you will see blue or gray boxes in the calendar squares. These boxes are the editable field. The blue/gray boxes will not print. If you do not add anything to these boxes, the area will just be blank when printed. To edit, open the file in Adobe Acrobat. Click on each blue/gray box and add your text. After you have typed in the boxes you will need to click save as and save your new file. The editable PDF documents will only work in Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows PC or Mac, so make sure you have this installed. Adobe Reader is free to use and you can download it here. Subscription to Adobe is not needed. The PDFs will NOT be editable if you use the Adobe Reader app on mobile devices or tablets.
Printing Instructions: The Calendar is designed to be printed on tabloid (11×17) paper, but it can be printed on letter-size (8.5×11). You’ll just need to cut off the margins on the letter-size printout.