Use this Preschool Playdate Planning Checklist to plan for your Preschool Playdate without missing a step!
1-2 months before:
- Decide on your Preschool Playdate activity + calendar date.
- Contact any venues (if necessary) to schedule your group.
- Create a sign-up form* (if applicable).
- Share a “save the date” post, email, website event, etc. with the families in your ministry and link to the sign-up form (or provide hard-copies of the sign-up form in person).
*One thing to remember about families with preschoolers is that life (and plans) change quickly. The more you can plan a Preschool Playdate that requires little commitment (like this fall Brown Bag Scavenger Hunt), the better! Your sign-up sheet can be more of a potential RSVP just so you can watch for certain families on the day of the event.
3 weeks before:
- Start promoting your Preschool Playdate more heavily (in the bulletin, from stage, in parent emails, on social media, etc.)
1 week before:
- Create printed invites or informational sheets to pass out the Sunday before your event.
- Hand out these invites to your preschool families.
- Gather any supplies you need for the event and confirm days/times with a venue (if applicable).
At the event:
- Meet families in the designated location at the designated time.
- Preschool parents have the chance to connect with you and with each other, and their preschoolers have a blast playing together. Win-win!
- Don’t forget to take lots of cute pictures!