In a world that is constantly telling kids who they are and who they should be, we have a vital responsibility as children’s ministry leaders to teach kids about who they are in Christ. Unless kids hear and embrace the truths God declares about them, they will not come to a full understanding of who they are in Christ and will never reach their full God-given potential.
Here are just a few important truths kids need to internalize…
- I am who God says I am. (“So God created human beings in his own likeness…” Genesis 1:27 (NIrV))
- In Christ, I am REDEEMED. (“’For I have redeemed you,’ God says.” Isaiah 43:1 (NKJV))
- In Christ, I am a NEW CREATION. (“When anyone lives in Christ, the new creation has come. The old is gone! The new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIrV))
- In Christ, I am a CHILD OF GOD. (“We are the children of God.” Romans 8:16 (NKJV))
- In Christ, I am VALUABLE. (“You were bought at a price.” 1 Corinthians 7:23 (NKJV))
- In Christ, I am CHOSEN. “You did not choose me. Instead, I chose you.” John 15:16 (NIrV)
- In Christ, I am WISE. (“It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God…” 1 Corinthians 1:30a (NIV))
- In Christ, I am RIGHTEOUS. (“We are the righteousness of God in Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NKJV))
- In Christ, I am God’s MASTERPIECE. (“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10 (NLT))
- In Christ, I am STRONG & VICTORIOUS. (“Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.” Ephesians 6:10 (NKJV))
- In Christ, I am COMPLETE. (“… and you are complete in Him…” Colossians 2:10 (NKJV))
- In Christ, I CAN LOVE. (“Love one another. You must love one another, just as I have loved you.” John 13:34 NIrV))
As children’s ministry leaders, how can we help kids learn, understand, and walk in these truths about who they are?