Egg hunts are back! After 2 years of NOT being able to host your annual Easter egg hunt event, this year looks hopeful! While I know not all areas are able to fully reopen, many places are moving forward with their egg-citing special Easter plans.
Here are 5 resources to make the return of your Easter egg hunt egg-stra special:
- Easter Egg Hunt Event Guide – An Easter Egg Hunt can be overwhelming – especially if you have never done one before or if it’s been a while! Help make planning your egg hunt a BREEZE with this Easter Egg Hunt Event Guide. It includes ideas, timelines, questions, and guides to take you step-by-step through the planning process. Learn more here.
- Easter Egg-stravaganza – What makes Easter Egg-stravaganza different than your typical egg hunt? While some eggs have candy or treats, some eggs have Easter story pictures from the Bible. Kids hunt for the eggs, then help you tell the Easter story by putting the pictures in order! As the eggs are recovered, the good news is discovered—Jesus is alive! Learn more here.
- Jesus is Light: Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt – Take your Easter Egg Hunt to the next level and host a Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt that teaches kids that Jesus is the light. In John 8:12, Jesus says, ““I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows me will never walk in darkness. They will have that light. They will have life.” At Easter, we celebrate the life that Jesus brings through his death and resurrection, and kids can learn more about how Jesus is the Light with this special Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt!
- 5 Easter Egg Coloring Sheets (Free Resource!) – This printable set includes 5 different eggs. These eggs are perfect for early arriver or time filler activities. These can also be used for kids to decorate for an egg contest, egg hunt alternative, or decorations for home. Download this free resource here.
- You’ve Been Egged Printable (Free Resource!) – This printable helps you encourage your families to invite the community to your egg hunt this Easter! See more details about how this works here. Download this free resource here.
And if you’re looking for more ideas to change up your egg hunt, we shared 4 more here!